Saturday, March 6, 2010

meet my monkey...

after many postings on a particular social networking site about my opinions of various books, movies and comedy shows, i have decided to just blog about it. i have become "the review monkey". i average about 4 books a month and at least 2 trips to the theater a month. and since i am married to a comic and morning radio show cohost i have a ton of comedy in my life.



you probably think i have a lot of free time on my hands. i just pencil it in around my naps. how else would i get the reading done. the pressure...



my fav comic and i get out to the movies about twice a month. thats all the movie theater popcorn i am allowed in the winter. no popcorn, no movie. thats the rule. once summer is here, i can afford a little more popcorn on my girlish figure...but less about me and more about what i like to watch and read.



i usually want to see a new release like everyone does, but not the "feel good" movies. something at least PG- 13 or R is even better. there has to be some good f bombs in it for me. and my criteria for really liking the movie is whether or not the movie carried out the premise. and this my cyber friends, i am willing to wait for...and i am hoping that they carry it out, chew it up and spit it out. if you know what i mean...

as far as books go, i will read fiction or non fiction. i usually have to throw a teen book in there once inawhile just to keep up with what my kids are reading. with 3 kids, i spent a lot of time at the library. who can afford barnes&nobles with the price of school lunches. i do occasionally break down and buy a book at the local bookstores, but i am a huge fan of used books which they sell everywhere now. and i have gotten a few at the library that way. some pretty good titles for a dollar. book review on a budget. which would have been a pretty good title for an upcoming blog...

i hope you stick around and read this. i hope to post as often as i read or venture out to the theater or find a good one on demand. . i did see a movie today, but i need to digest it as it was pretty intense. you cant put don cheadle, ethan hawke and richard gere in an antoine fuqua film and not need a day to digest it. i needed a few days after seeing "training day" ...and thats a good thing about a film. if you cant get it out of your head or cant stop talking about it, you probably liked it more than youre will to admit. anyways...

i am gonna sleep with "brooklyn's finest" tonight. and then give you my review in the morning. til then...

2 comments: